-->

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Dollar General Scenario $30 of stuff for $7.30

Save $5 Off $30

Dollar General has their $5 off a $30 purchase this Saturday (tomorrow) and you might want to check out this scenario to get an idea of what you can do to really save some big money. I used multiples of some items this week because I was actually able to score this amount of coupons, and my goal tomorrow is to make it in and try this out :)  

Last thing I want to mention: I always add up my coupon value before I get to the register, that way I know that X amount should come off when we are done.  If that $ amount isn’t right, we can try to figure it out. Now, because  I will be using four of those $1/1 Always coupons on items that only cost $1, the register might beep!  What happens is the $5 off DG coupon will take a certain $ amount off each individual item, making the liners something like $.93 each instead of $1.  That means the coupon value is off for the product value, making the register beep.  The employee will have to manually enter the value amount for the coupon in.  I have had to actually point out that I should get the full $1 off, not have it adjusted down to $.93.  The store is going to be reimbursed for the $1 on the coupon, and it’s not my fault as a customer that their cash register system does the discount that way.  That’s why it’s handy to know how much SHOULD be taken off when you get to the end.  Don’t get mad at the cashier for this! It’s just what the computer does.

Buy these items:
Clairol Hair Color $3 (buy 2)
Quilted Northern Double Roll 4pk $3 (buy 1)
Windex Touch Up 10 oz $3.50 (buy 1)
Surf 50 oz Laundry Detergent $2.95 (buy 3)
Glade Warmers $1.25 (buy 3)Always Pantiliners 20 ct $1 (buy 4)

Final Price $30.30 before tax

Hand over the $5 off a $30 Purchase DG Store Coupon
Use 1 $5/2 Clairol Product, exp. 7/31/13 (P&G 07/07/13)
Use 1 $1.00 off any Windex Touch-Up Cleaner Product
Use 2 $1/1 Surf Laundry Detergent, exp. 7/14/13 (RP 06/02/13)
Use 2 $1.00 OFF any ONE (1) Surf® Laundry Detergent
Use 4 $1.00 off Glade PlugIns Scented Oil warmer
Use 4 $1/1 Always Pads or Always Pantiliners Product, exp. 7/31/13 (P&G 07/07/13)
Final Price $7.30 before tax

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyrighted by The Couponin Diva